Most leaders do not give themselves feedback. To be able to give feedback to others, a great start is actually to give feedback to yourself.
Why is this important?
• It builds on your self-awareness.
• It allows you to develop your skills and effectiveness at work.
• It makes you feel good.
Answer these questions when you give yourself feedback at the end of the day.
• What one thing did I do well today?
• Why was this a good thing? Maybe it’s in line with who you want to be or your values and principles.
• How can I keep doing these things?
Write it down somewhere or just think it through.
Here’s a tip. Some people like to use their own name or say ‘you’ when they give feedback to themselves. It can actually help you see yourself from the outside.